Sunday, February 12, 2012

How do you translate this into English from Japanese?

I'll use romanji just because it makes it easier for me. The following text is from a book written in hirigana called the "tongue-cut swallow", it is a Japanese Children's book and there is one sentence that I can't figure the meaning of:





aruhi ojiisanga takeyabude kegaoshite suzumeha mitsuha ieni tsurutekaerimashite.





What I don't understand is takeyabude, is take referring to a mountain? what does bude translate to?





Any help is much appreciated, Thanks.|||I think your mistake is where you are splitting the words.


it should be "takeyabu de"


"takeyabu" is like a forest of bamboo and "de" is the preposition for in or at|||takeyabu is bamboo so takeyabu de is "with bamboo" - my japanese is a little rusty and the romaji is a bit mashed so I can't translate the rest sorry|||from google translate

No comments:

Post a Comment