Monday, January 30, 2012

Can someone help me translate some English into Japanese for a poem?

I am trying to write a poem using several different languages for an art class. I fell in love with Japanese when I first heard it, but am having trouble learning it.





Basically, I need this next phrase translated and transliterated so I can throw it in there. The parts in parentheses are for reference. The last thing I need is a bad translation for this thing.





"Beat (as in heartbeat) with the fury of sacrifice. Silent Lion - Stoic Prophet (as in holy prophet)."





Thanks in advance.|||I really shouldn't do this, but I'm going to have a crack at it.





犠牲の激情で高鳴れ。


gisei no gekijo de takanare.


(sacrifice's fury/with/beat fast %26lt;imperative form%26gt;)


静かな獅子よ。禁欲的な預言者よ


shizuka na shishi yo- kinyoku teki na yogensha yo


%26lt;o silent lion, o stoic prophet%26gt;





gekijo is fury in terms of fierce emotion, for furious anger, choose gekido.


kinyokuteki is stoicness in the form of literally surpressing desire.





Shizuka na is 'silent', but also 'quiet'. For no words at all, perhaps substitute 'mugon no' or 'nanimo iwanai'





'Shishi' is the more classical idea of a Chinese lion, you could just write 'raion' in katakana if you wanted... but I think somehow the kanji version is more poetic.





The 'yo's I threw in to try to add a salutory feel to the second line. I wanted to follow your word order, but I was a bit nervous about leaving the nouns without any markers to distinguish them.





Aska or some other Japanese native's gonna come along soon and give you the real deal, I'm sure...|||"ビート(心臓の鼓動のように)の伝説の犠牲を伴う。サイレントライオン-禁欲的な預… 。 "











|||oh you already got a relevant answer. i want to give you tranlation too though i have a question about 'sacrifice'. sacrifice is actual offering like animal in bible? or spiritual sacrifice? ill give you both translations.





1. spiritual %26amp; actual sacrifice


gisei wo haratta hageshii ikari ni uchifurueyo. chinmoku no shishi, kinyoku no yogensha yo.





2. only for actual sacrifice


ikenie no hageshii ikari ni uchifurueyo. chinmoku no shishi, kinyoku no yogensha yo.





poem is really fun to translate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment